Saturday, September 19, 2009

Contours

Drawing has been going well, getting into the feel for things and feeling more comfortable with it all. We received shells that we will be working with for the semester and had an assignment to do a contour drawing of our shell. I thought this assignment was rather difficult, we only talked about contour drawing once in class and I didn't feel very comfortable with it but I guess I really just need practice. I struggled the most with how much information I should really include, I have a shell with lots of ripples and didn't know if I should include them or some of them or just concentrate on the form. Being that we haven't done many contour drawings I stuck with just the form of my shell and our critique discussion really helped in understanding contour drawing better. (picture to be posted soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment