Thursday, October 29, 2009

Midterm


We are halfway through the semester and it has gone by so fast!
I feel that I have a much better understanding of the body and of some of the larger muscle groups. I feel much better about gesture drawings and although I get anxious to do longer poses, its always a good way to start out the class and get into the swing of things and the drawing mindset. I still feel like I could work on my speed though and making sure I get the whole body. With longer poses I feel that I just need more practice. I have difficulty with proportion at times, especially with limbs, and with figuring out planes. I think more exploration with contour drawings will help in gaining better knowledge and awareness of planes and how the body moves in space. I think one of my strengths is the use of line and the weight of lines and would like to see that transfer into some longer poses or in details. I still really enjoy building the muscles on my manikin and gaining a better understanding of their interaction and form on the body. I think I can work on really forming and developing the transitions from one muscle to another and the interaction in groups of muscles.
To see what I have done so far please take a look at my pictures on flicker

No comments:

Post a Comment