Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nature or Science

For our first assignment our topic has to be something form Nature or Science. Both I find to be very broad areas to narrow down and find something that interests me to create a piece. I am torn between the two but here is what interests me in each.
In nature flowers have always been of great interest in their tones and colors and what kind of emotion that they can provoke. If I were to go in this direction I am definitely influenced by Georgia O'Keefe and her abstraction of the flower, but I would also like to work on conveying an emotion with the use of the flower.
As for science, I am very interested in human movement and kinesiology kind of things. I am leaning more towards this approach for the assignment. 
When thinking about movement of the human body right away legs and feet come to mind as a main form of movement. Everyone has a different stride, a different way of walking, and with different movements the foot strikes differently. I would like to look more into foot prints through different movement and actions and different ways of creating them. 
Here are some different artists that I am doing to draw some influences from for this project:
...along with some advertisement...

No comments:

Post a Comment